Music Classes For Pre-School
As your children get ready for school their confidence, creativity and coordination is taken to the next level.
Rhythm Time music classes for pre-school are designed for children aged between 3 and 5 years. There are 5 courses (12 sessions in each course) and we aim to develop children's confidence while giving them a firm foundation musically and ready to play an instrument when they are older.
Like all our courses, our pre-school classes are also designed to help children learn and develop life skills. At this age it's important that children develop social skills by actually learning to work together and this group activity is a wonderful experience, something they will never forget.
The content of our music classes for pre-school is as follows:
- Rhythmic reading is introduced where the children learn to play and read simple rhythms
- Pitch and rhythm games are extended
- Listening to a wide variety of music while exploring the dynamics
- Learning how instruments sound and are played
- Musical signs are introduced and are explored together
- Vocal ability is extended by singing lots of songs while individual vocal responses are encouraged
- Lots of percussion instruments (tuned and untuned) are played and explored
- Confidence is developed by conducting and leading the group
- Social skills and creativity are developed while learning to work together
- Short pieces of music are composed by the children which incorporate short and long sounds and they are then able to perform these on percussion instruments.
We also recognise that many parents will need to bring along a younger sibling. Siblings under 1 are welcome to come along to our classes for free.
"Attending Rhythm Time pre-school classes gives your child a real head start."