As children start to grow and develop, their confidence, creativity and coordination also come along in leaps and bounds!
Rhythm Time music classes for toddlers were created specially for children aged between 15 months and 3 years. Like all our courses, our toddler classes are designed to help children learn and develop life skills. During the class, children and parents have a special time together and the children develop social skills such as sharing and waiting. It's important that toddlers not only enjoy being part of a group but actively participate in the music making. As they join in they develop confidence and self expression through movement while a solid musical foundation is being laid.
The content of our classes for toddlers aged from 15 months to 3 years is as follows:
- Unaccompanied singing - to encourage children to have the confidence to find their singing voice and to help them sing in tune
- Listening - to aid concentration and to develop the activity so it becomes something special
- Percussion playing - to explore different timbre, to help with coordination and to develop a sense of pulse
- Dancing - to develop confidence, self-expression and large motor skills
- Rhythmic imitation - to develop listening skills and to echo different rhythmic patterns accurately
- Rhymes - to develop and extend speech through the recognition of shape, pattern and form
We also recognise that many parents will need to bring along a younger sibling. Siblings under 1 are welcome to come along to our classes for free.